MDS Tradition 39

Last year I made a birthday page with MDS so this year I thought I'd carry out the tradition and maybe someday I'll attempt to go backwards but I think I'm missing a few years of my life when it comes to photographs.

This took me a while but it was still fun. I always start with another page as my inspiration but end up moving things a little to make it all work.

For the words and numbers: I used the Schoolbook Serif Stamp. I adjusted the sizing and the spacing of every letter to get what I wanted. Yeah, I did that.

For the flowers: I used the Happy Bday Flowers but since the larger one is actually an outline, I filled in the spaces with the circle punch in white. The dots are from the Happy Bday Elements and I hid the extra dots by putting a square punch in Crumb Cake (Kraft on MDS) over the extra ones.

For the trim (in Real Red): I used the scallop trim punch. I flipped one and lined them up to create a rick-rack effect.

Now of course, I want more downloads!
*Picture not taken on my birthday but close enough, it was a few weeks earlier

Comments

  1. What a great picture and layout! I love the squiggle across the page, and the flower with the number is perfect. HB2U!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Neat tradition! Someday it will be lots of fun to look back at all your birthdays! Hope you had a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Belated Happy Birthday :)
    And good job with the sketch. It occurs to me that I am quick to make pages about everyone else.. not so much about "me". Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great page!! I love how you made the ric-rac and the headline!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great page! Pages about yourself always seem to be the ones that are missed...good job finding time to make sure that you are part of the story. Love how you made the ric-rac. Neat trick!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love how you did the font. I did go back to look at last year's birthday picture and it's a great tradition. I still think my very favorite is the one of you and Max!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great page! Love the layout and colors!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great idea! Nice layout and great colors!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Vibrant! (Both the layout and the subject.) So, will you be 39 next year, too, like Jack Benny? :D

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for your positive thoughts.

Popular Posts