What a yummy card!

I am so pleased with the way this card turned out even though that button isn't quite the exact color. The photo picks it up a little but you can't tell in real life.

After looking through hundreds of cards I was having a hard time coming up with something until I came across a few cards by another demonstrator. I did a combo with a twist and came up with something of my own. Thanks Cindy Beach!

The base of the card is Crumb Cake and the overlay DSP is the Peach Parfait from the In Color 6x6 palette that you can get as a Level 1 Hostess. The scallop edge is done with the Tasteful Trim die and also comes from the palette to but in the Pear Pizazz. I stamped part of the Birthday Bakery (also a Level 1 Hostess item), colored it in with the markers, painted the cakes a little with Frost White Shimmer Paint and mounted the Decorative Label Punch on the bottom half of the large tag from the Two Tags die and cut off the excess. It is right up against the scallop edge and then covered up with the ric-rac in Riding Hood Red. It was a build as you go kind of thing that worked out great! I decided it was clearly a birthday card and didn't want to ruin it by adding any words to the front. Those can go inside.

Comments

  1. Love the colors, the paper and the whole darn card! Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool card! Everything works very well together!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This card is perfect -- I love the little strip of DSP going from the button. Excellent!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun card! Like the slanted lines in the scallop border. An interesting element combined with the pinking shears border. I think the button is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super cute card! I love the punch with that set! So clever!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gosh that is a cute card. Love the colors and all of the details and layers. TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fun and supper cute card! I love the color combo too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this...the use of the punch, the little strip of paper, the rick-rack...all fantastic!

    Jen Timko

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome layout. This is so cute! I love your May colors too!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for your positive thoughts.

Popular Posts