Fabulous Florets FM80 and CCMC222

Today I woke up early so that I wouldn't miss the deadline on the one challenge. I had already started the card and so I didn't want my efforts to go to waste.

This was a combination of 2 challenges. First we have the Create with Connie and Mary Color Challenge CCMC222. It required that I use Summer Starfruit, Gumball Green and Chocolate Chip. Done.

Next we have the Friday Mashup Challenge 80So here was the "Mashup" Challenge:
  1. Make a project with the "Sketch".
  2. Or Make a project using "Faux Washi Tape".
  3. Or "Mash it Up" and create a project using the "Sketch and Faux Washi Tape".
I did both. Be sure to visit the link to see how the Faux Washi Tape was made. It took 2 tries and some patience. The first try was last night and I used thin tape and too much water with too much rubbing. This morning I used packing tape with less water and was a lot gentler on the rubbing. I used my finger instead of a sponge to get the last of the white to go away. It's messy with wet paper clumps but it is worth a try.

Stamp Sets: Fabulous Florets, Friendly Phrases
Colors: See above
Supplies: Packing Tape, Sponge, Finishing Touches Edgelits

Comments

  1. How cool this is!! I will have to give this faux washi tape a try! Love the layout, too! Thanks for playing the challenge at Create with Connie and Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gumball Green. Not a green I would normally make a point of using but really, I'm seeing that it plays so well with others. I remember that we used it in your Halloween Card Camp last week too. Who knew? Well I guess those fabulous SU! folks. :-)

    Great card and great that you made it work for two challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty! I love the faux washi tape! Thanks for joining us at Create With Connie and Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card! I love that you've used packing tape - it allows you to have a much wider piece. Great use of colours as well. Love this card! Thanks for playing along at The Friday Mashup!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like how you popped your flower and the little banner is adorable! Thanks for sharing with us this week at CCMC!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderfully elegant card! Love your faux washi tape! Thanks for playing along this week at the Create with Connie and Mary Thursday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great way to combine two challngeds. I love learning new techniques. Will hae to give this a try. This card is very clean and simple. Perfect for fall greetings. Thanks for playing the Create with Connie & Mary challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the colors you chose and your CAS flower! Love it!! Thanks for joining the Friday Mashup this week.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for your positive thoughts.

Popular Posts