Make a Cake and a Tip

This is a card for a long time friend who practically shares her birthday with Christmas. I stamped the Designer Series Paper with the cake and then cut out the center layer so that it included the polka dots.The rest of the cake was colored in with an Aquapainter TM and ink.

Now for the tip: I got annoyed (a long time ago) at trying to adhere DSP and other layers to things that have been dry embossed so one day I decided I'd just smash the raised image with my bone folder where I needed to glue that particular layer. It works great!

Another tip is to use a 1 inch circle punch to create a layer behind the particular Apothecary Accent used above. I got this one from someone else.

Stamp Set: Make a Cake, Petite Pairs (inside)
Colors: Primrose Petals, Midnight Muse, Summer Starfruit
Supplies: Patio Party DSP, Apothecary Accents Framelits, Primrose Petals Satin Stitched Ribbon, Perfect Polka Dots Folder, White Bakers Twine.

Comments

Popular Posts