May Day - Blog Hop

Welcome to our May Blog Hop! I hope you enjoy all of the May Day projects. As always, please hop all the way through. Comments and pins are greatly appreciated by everyone that is participating. Enjoy!

I decided to play with paper flowers and made this fun basket using the retiring Scallop Envelope Bigz TM die to do so. You simply attach 4 envelopes at the sides to make a square. I ran them through the Square Lattice TIF to give them some texture. Now for the flowers...

They were all made the same way. Each flower has only three layers. First they were attached with a basic brad and then each layer was spritzed with water and then crumpled up until the entire flower was bent and squished to my liking. Manipulate the flower until you like it and then set it aside to dry.

I decided to try these paper flowers several different ways. This first one is from the Blossom Party Originals Die. All of the flowers using this die are Calypso Coral. Be sure to look for them in the other photos.

Here I used Pink Pirouette and the 1-3/4" Scallop Circle Punch. The Elegant Eggplant flower featured just below this flower uses the 1-1/4" Scallop Circle Punch. You can see it better in the first photo of the entire basket above.

This flower was made using the Blossom Punch and Daffodil Delight. I recommend that you put the gems on the brads before you create the flowers. I found out the hard way that they're difficult to get in place after they dry.

The Melon Mambo flower on the right was made using the Fancy Flower Punch. This is such a pretty picture of the different flowers! I love it!

Last but not least, the matching card. It's a little 2"x 3" card to fit in a matching Scallop Envelope. I punched the basket with the Postage Stamp Punch. All of the flowers for this card were made using the Boho Blossoms punch. The flowers on the card have no brad. They were just squished when wet.

Thank you so much for stopping by! I hope you enjoyed my creations.


SUPPLY LIST:
  • Stamp Sets: Teeny Tiny Wishes
  • Colors: River Rock (retiring), Melon Mambo, Daffodil Delight, Pink Pirouette, Elegant Eggplant, Lucky Limeade (retiring), Calypso Coral
  • Embellishments: Jewel Basic Rhinestones, Daffodil Delight Seam Binding, Brads
  • Punches: Postage Stamp, Boho Blossoms, Fancy Flower, 1-3/4" Scallop Circle, 1-1/4" Scallop Circle, Blossom
  • Big Shot: Scallop Envelope Bigz TM Die (retiring), Square Lattice Textured Impressions TM Embossing Folder, Blossom Party Originals

Comments

  1. Your flowers are gorgeous! Thanks for showcasing how you created them. I love the added detail of the green curled leaves and the texture on the basket. Beautiful May Day projects!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy cow, girlie! This little flower basket is GO-JUS!!! I lost my regular scallop punch and I don't have the others (I am so sad to see my flower folds die go!!!) Definitely putting those on my next order!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing! Love all the flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Julie this set is adorable!! Great job with your flowers and basket!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, wow! These flowers turned out phenomenal!! And that card is beyond cute! It looks like the envelope is textured too - what a great touch.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow. These flowers, individually and on the card are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The flowers are gorgeous! Anyone would LOVE to receive this as a gift.

    ReplyDelete
  8. In a word - FABULOUS....love flowers and cannot make them as nicely - at all! Your card is also fabulous...may try recreating that one!!! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Really amazing, love the detail and texture of the flowers.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for your positive thoughts.

Popular Posts