The Great Outdoors - Blog Hop

Welcome to our August Blog Hop! It was Tanya's turn to come up with the theme and I just love it! I wish I could have done more but as usual I let it go until the last minute. It has been a busy month.

At Convention there were a few mini classes and this was one of them. We simply stamped the leaf and the "Thankful" on the bag and tied the ribbon on the string. It was so easy! The leaf was done with the Rock and Roll technique. That is where you stamp it in a lighter color and then roll the edges in a darker color before you stamp it. Give it a try!

SUPPLY LIST: (for above)
  • Stamp Sets: Thankful, Magnificent Maple
  • Colors: Early Espresso, Cajun Craze, Crushed Curry
  • Embellishments: Crushed Curry 3/4" Chevron Ribbon, Mini Muslin Bags

We have a lot of excess wood in my back yard. Some from branches falling and some because we actually recently had the tree trimmed back. Either way, I saw something similar to this on Pinterest and have wanted to make one ever since. Today (the night before this hop) just before dark I went crazy cutting these. Yes, I definitely broke a sweat in the 90+ degree evening weather. Once I got 8 decent ones (I cut about 10!) I quickly drilled the holes, stamped them and colored in the blank spots with the Stampin' Write TM Marker. They are strung together with Linen Thread and a stick stuck through the loop. I thought I was pretty clever with that one since it isn't hard to find sticks of all sizes in my back yard.

SUPPLY LIST: (for above)
  • Stamp Sets: Well-Worn Alphabet (retired)
  • Colors: Early Espresso
  • Embellishments: Linen Thread

Check out those lines! I glued on the Designer Series Paper and then made little tick marks near the edge and on the back. Then I turned it over and hoped for the best while I used my Simply Scored to make the lines to match. I put a few of the lines a little closer than on the tool. Awesome huh?!

The tearing and sponging were an afterthought. I made the word banner and had to go back and make the rest match. It all worked out. 

Did you notice the envelope liners?! Be sure to check them out in the NEW Holiday Catalog that debut's today (August 1st)!!

Challenge:  Mojo Monday (MOJO304) for the layout.

SUPPLY LIST: (for above)
  • Stamp Sets: Truly Grateful
  • Colors: Chocolate Chip, Crushed Curry, Soft Sky, Sahara Sand
  • DSP: Sweater Weather
  • Embellishments: White Baker's Twine, Simply Scored, 
  • Big Shot: Envelope Liners Framelits TM, 3-1/2" Circles Originals TM
Thanks so much for stopping by! Click on the icon above to get to the next blogger and be sure to hop all the way through!

Comments

  1. I love how your bag turned out! I also have the Truly Grateful stamp set, can't wait to use it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy Hannah, girl! That plaid card rocked it!!! I never got to do the little bag at convention, but I have an idea for it (YAY!) The banner is brilliant--you had your smarty pants on for sure with your little toggle idea! Gor-jus!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous Julie!! The adorable bag uses my favorite technique. The wood banner is SO clever and the scoring with the plaid is awesome! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome projects Julie! Love them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love everything you make, but since fall is my favorite season, these projects really inspire me to create something similar. Now, if one of the trees in my yard will just fall down.... :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. love all three - great way to use the wood!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love how you tied the wooden circles together with the little sticks! The plaid card is awesome! What a creative idea!

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE THESE!! These are all totally awesome projects! Your trick with the stick through the loop of thread is genius! And I never would have thought to do that trick with the scoring tool, either. Thanks for sharing! Can't wait to see these in person.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for your positive thoughts.

Popular Posts