Blog Hop: Holiday Catalog

It's October! My favorite time of the year has begun and I cross my fingers every time that the snow stays away. I'm not a big fan of  going from summer to winter overnight. That being said, I chose to make my post about fall things. No Halloween just yet but technically the pumpkin could work for both and it would look great with a face on it.

I found the Curvy Keepsake Box Thinlits Dies (135853) to be quite the temptation and as you can see it is very cute. I searched the internet for inspiration and found a post by Amy Koenders. I do realize that our blog posts appear to be very similar but Stampin' Up! is great in that we can both make similar items and it's encouraged. I hope you enjoy my version too. I honestly had this in my head too.

We'll start with this adorable pumpkin. I used the technique that AmyK shares for shading. It works quite well. For the leaves I used the Little Leaves Sizzlit TM. It turns out that this item is actually retired and I didn't realize until I started the post. You could easily substitute the leaves from the Bird Builder Punch or the Flower Frenzy BigZ Die. I curled the leaves with my bone folder.

Same situation with the leaves. Oops! So we'll talk about the image. I stamped in Only Orange, wiped off a few of the fern like leaves and used the dauber to add some Old Olive on them and on the "thanks". Then I sponged the edges of the stamp with Early Espresso, huffed it and stamped it. The edges of the card and leaves are also sponged with Early Espresso. 

Now jump on over to Julie. She always has something fun to share. Just click on the pointy finger: 

SUPPLY LIST: 
  • Stamp Sets: Seasonally Scattered
  • Colors: Pumpkin Pie, Old Olive, Early Espresso, Very Vanilla
  • Big Shot: Curvy Keepsakes Box Thinlits TM, Ovals Collection Framelits TM, Little Leaves (Oops! Little Leaves is retired but you could use the Bird Builder Punch or the Flower Frenzy BigZ Die and get the same results).
  • Embellishments: Linen Thread

Comments

  1. The card is gorgeous, the pumpkin is gorgeous! I love the shading on the pumpkin and the colors on the Thanks.
    I *really love the tip about sponging the different inks on!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is definitely CASE worthy!! Crap you guys, I can't keep buying all this stuff, I have no room! Ahhhhhh! Love this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so glad you used the keepsake box. It is so cute. I love the texture you gave to it by sponging it. My distressing always ends up looking like a mistake. Love the projects

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for your positive thoughts.

Popular Posts