Blog Hop: Wrapping up the Holidays

Can you believe it is December already?! I sure can't. The weather has been unseasonably warm and so that doesn't help. I hope you have all of your shopping done so that you can focus on wrapping things up. 

At my November stamp class we used the Curvy Keepsakes Die to make this adorable little box. It is about the size of a tennis ball and is definitely cute. Perfect for that very little something you need to give to friends, coworkers or neighbors. 

For this project I started with the tree. I initially saw a similar tree as a topper on a skewer full of gum drops but I didn't have any skewers so I got a toothpick and improvised. I used the Boho Blossoms Punch and simply punched, crunched and stacked. For the star I combined 3 to add dimension. The project grew from there. I stuck it on the pre-made box (from Convention) and then decided that it needed a tree skirt. It didn't look right by itself so I stacked it on the larger box (also just sititng around the craft room) and tied it up with the Metallic Gold Baker's twine. Done! It is very simple and I'm sure you could fancy it up if you wish but I like it just how it is. I hope you like it too. 

Thank you for taking the time to visit our hop. We really appreciate you!
Now jump on over to Julie. She always has something fun to share. Just click on the image below:

SUPPLY LIST: (for both)
  • Stamp Sets: Endless Wishes
  • Colors: Cherry Cobbler, Mossy Meadow, Pear Pizzazz, Kraft, Crumb Cake
  • Punches: Itty Bitty Accents Punch Pack, Boho Blossoms, 1/16" Hand Held
  • Big Shot: Curvy Keepsakes Box Framelits TM
  • Embellishments: Gold Metallic Baker's Twine, Gold Glimmer Paper, 1-1/4" Burlap Ribbon
  • Other: Kraft Gift Boxes, Gift Box Punch Board

Comments

  1. I really like the burlap under the cute tree! Very nice gift topper! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cute is that little tree??? Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't think I would love the curvy keepsake box as much as I do. Yours is darling. Your tree topper is awesome. way cute

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for your positive thoughts.

Popular Posts