Blog Hop: Something Old, Something New


This month's theme is Something Old, Something New since the new catalog debuts tomorrow and all of us haven't had the chance to pre-order. I will be using something old and new meaning that it was in the Occasions Catalog and will also be in the New Catalog. 

When I first bought this kit I admit that I dove right in and messed it up. I thought my only mistake was my sloppy stamping and not leaving room for the month but it turns out that I stamped February on a page that had 31 days. Oops. I halted all production until I found this video. Luckily I purchased 2 kits (I will find a way to fix the messed up one) so I could start over.

Tips:
1. Sort out the pages so the next one in your stack coincides with the number of days in the month you need. Double check before moving on that you're about to stamp on the right one.

2. Stamp the month on the page before you do anything else.

3. Pause the tutorial and go back as often as you feel necessary.

4. Take your time.


It was getting late so as you can see I have only done January, February, March and April so far. They look just like the ones in the tutorial. Feel free to find another tutorial that suits you better since this one does kind of run through it rather quickly and doesn't show the details of the later months. I will most likely find another one too.

Now let's see what the other bloggers chose to do this month! Hop on over to Julie by clicking below:

SUPPLY LIST: (for above)
  • Stamp Brush Sets: Perpetual Birthday Calendar
  • Colors: Pumpkin Pie, Crisp Canteloupe, Strawberry Slush, Real Red, Hello Honey, Lost Lagoon
  • Kit: The Perpetual Birthday Calendar Simply Created Kit (137950)

Comments

  1. Oh how frustrating! But I like how it turned out!! I hope you do too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the heads up! I love how yours turned out! I have my box sitting on my desk, I will check out the tute!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for your positive thoughts.

Popular Posts