Blog Hop: Step It Up June

Welcome back to our monthly Step It Up Hop! We hope our hop style helps many different levels of stampers. 

We have added a few new creators so be sure to make them feel welcome with a friendly comment. Have a great summer!

Here's my card. I got a little carried away with the seeds but I'm sure you know that unless you get a seedless watermelon tan this is definitely an accurate portrayal. The smudgy background was created with the excess ink from the stamp used on the center of the watermelon. I dropped it on the card and had to improvise but it totally works.

Looking for a seed that matches the Work of Art set? It's included! You'll find it on one of the stamps included in the set as pictured above.

You may notice that I didn't step up this card that much. Once again, I am lacking products but this time is because I haven't yet purchased from the new catalog. Look close though. The Early Espresso layer not only has a bit of Thick Baker's Twine but it is also raised up with Stampin' Dimensionals and the seeds and sentiment have been touched by Stella. I also thought a nice way to step it up would be to give it a spritz of watermelon scent. 

As always, thank you for stopping by! To see what the other bloggers stepped up cards look like hop on over to Julie by clicking below:
SUPPLY LIST: (for all)
  • Stamp Brush Sets: Work of Art, 
  • Colors: Garden Green, Calypso Coral, Early Espresso, Whisper White
  • Embellishments: Calypso Coral Thick Baker's Twine

Comments

  1. You made a fruit card! Love it. Actually, both of them! Very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. super cute watermelon cards Julie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute!! I like all the seeds! I like the twine too! And smelling the watermelon would be super fun to get in the mail! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for your positive thoughts.

Popular Posts