Blog Hop: Step It Up August

Welcome back to our monthly Step It Up Hop! We hope our hop style helps many different levels of stampers. It really is fun creating both different types of cards so I hope you'll give it a try.

I only made one card this time and then added to it because I didn't want to try to get everything just right twice. Isn't he cute?! Yes, this one is a he. This card is very simple and cute. 

Here is my stepped up version. I know that we no longer sell the Googlies but I still have some and they just seemed perfect for this guy. I think they would work for a few of the other animals in this set too. I also added the Wink of Stella - Clear to the flowers and the increased number of butterflies. 

Okay, so sometimes I go crazy with details. I wanted him to have a tongue and since the Metallic Thread wouldn't curl on it's own I had to help it along. I revealed a piece of the super sticky tape (I'm still using up my double sided red stuff) and carefully made a spiral. Then I trimmed away the extra tape and used the Fine-Tip Glue Pen to attach the other end to his mouth. 

The fun thing about the step it up projects is that everyone steps things up to a different level. I tend to keep things simple even after I've stepped it up because lately I've been focusing on things that you can mail. I hope you've enjoyed my efforts even though they seem small sometimes. 

As always, thank you for stopping by! To see what the other bloggers stepped up cards look like hop on over to Julie by clicking below:
SUPPLY LIST: (for all)
  • Stamp Brush Sets: In the Meadow, Love You Lots (Hostess)
  • Colors: Cucumber Crush, Flirty Flamingo, Daffodil Delight, Garden Green, Sahara Sand, Whisper White, StazOn Black
  • Embellishments: Googlies (Retired), Wink of Stella - Clear, Metallic Thread - Gold

Comments

  1. How COOL! I like the first one, but I love his gold thread tongue and googlie eyes! Very clever! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sharon BaumgardnerAugust 1, 2016 at 9:14 AM

    Love your idea for the tongue!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun froggy! My favorite part is his little tongue <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't think the frog is that cute until you see him on a card. He is adorable and the tongue as very clever.

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh my goodness Julie- I love how you came up with the frog's tongue! so cute- and I agree- cards that are mail-able are a huge need! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh how cute!!!!! Love your cards!!!! Looking forward to joining y'all next month!

    ReplyDelete

  7. Great stepped up card Julie. That little frog makes me smile, and his golden tongue is priceless! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for your positive thoughts.

Popular Posts