Blog Hop: Step It Up or Step Over It September

This month and most likely during the duration of the Holiday Catalog we thought we'd mix it up a bit. We've added the option to step it over. That's our term for using the same layout and changing up the theme. In our case, from everyday to holiday.

It was much harder than I expected so rather than making things difficult on a day where I was feeling slightly under par I found an older card that I created and went from there. Now that I think about it, the first card features a retired set and designer series paper. It also turns out that this was around the time that I became a total blog slacker. I did not blog about this card, I only posted in on Instagram. It was from Mike's Shoebox Swap July 2015.

The stepped over version actually seems quite simplified because of the style of the stamp so I dressed it up with gold enamel and twine. The sentiment doesn't make much sense to me though. I think maybe this card should be kept in my car for when I try to visit you and you're not home.

As always, thank you for stopping by! To see what the other bloggers stepped up cards look like hop on over to Julie by clicking below:
SUPPLY LIST: (for 2nd card only)
  • Stamp Brush Sets: Acorny Thank You
  • Colors: Delightful Dijon, Soft Suede, Whisper White
  • Embellishments: Gold Baker's Twine from the Baker's Twine Trio Pack, Metallic Enamel Shapes
  • DSP: Serene Scenery

Comments

  1. I really like both cards a lot! The gold definitely adds a pop!
    I also like the idea of taking the card with you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both of these are beautiful! The tearing technique used to be one I used a lot, but I have not done it as much recently--time to tear some paper!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are too funny! I'd love for you to leave this for me :) Although I'd rather SEE you. Cute card still :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for your positive thoughts.

Popular Posts