Blog Hop: Step It Up! January


Thank you for joining us for the new year! I hope you make some time for stamping this year and join us every month for inspiration. Below are two cards that are very similar. One is stepped up just a little because that's my style. Be sure to hop through, we all have different styles we want to share with you.

The card on the left is simply stamping and basic layering. The card on the right steps it up just a little by employing part of the matching framelits set, a little bit of ribbon and Wink of Stella (see below.)

I tried to capture the shimmer from the Wink of Stella. It is more subtle than this pic. For the layered flowers I had a happy accident. I stamped the flowers an then cut them out with the detailed flower and it left some color on the edges. Then I cut out the entire flower too. I like the extra color rather than just a white overlay.

As always, thank you for stopping by! To see what the other bloggers stepped up cards look like hop on over to Julie by clicking below:
SUPPLY LIST: 
  • Stamp Brush Sets: Special Reason
  • Colors: Watermelon Wonder, Peekaboo Peach, Pear Pizzazz, Whisper White
  • Embellishments: Peekaboo Peach Ribbon, Wink of Stella, Mini Staple (non-SU!)
  • Big Shot: The one that matches Special Reason (Happy New Year!)
  • Punch: Corner Rounder

Comments

  1. Wow, I love these cards Julie, I'm going to have to add this stamp set to my next order, I love what you did with that here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty!! The bit of ribbon does add a bit of something. I like it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE both your cards Julie! The color combo is spot on! The addition of the die cut flower works so nice on the second card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how the thinlits give just a bit of texture. Wink of Stella is always a nice touch!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The added thinlits give the flower depth and love the sparkles from the wink of stella

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those Thinlits add just the right touch. Great idea, just might have to CASE soon :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for your positive thoughts.

Popular Posts